The best part of Firestick features can only be accessed when you jailbreak the TV media player. As a result, we have decided to teach you how to jailbreak a firestick media player to be able to install your favorite streaming app TV such as Apne TV, Mobdro, Showbox, and many others.
This Firestick jailbreak guide works on FireStick 4K, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube. Therefore, if you don’t have a technical know-how of how to jaibreak a Firestick and how to use it after jailbroken, we are here for you to put your through how to use a jailbroken Firestick.
What is Firestick?
If you already know what a Firestick is all about you can skip this explanation and go straight to how to jailbreak a Firestick and fire on with the guide and jailbreak your firestick. After that, proceed to how to use a jailbroken firestick.
However, a Firestick is a streaming media owned by Amazon which can combine any regular TV with an HDMI to a smart TV. And, it’s called Amazon firestick.
However, with the Firestick, you can access tons of entertainment sites on your smart TV to watch movies online and download movies for offline.
Whether you jailbreak your firestick or not, you’d have access to entertainment sources such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Videos, Hulu, Hotstar, etc but you’d be restricted from streaming with Kodi add-ons or apps on the streaming device for free.
Amazon Firestick Drawback
Firestick has its own advantages and disadvantages. However, a few of the disadvantages is that you cannot in a way stream media for free on the gadget. It’s the Firestick streaming device you bought, it’s not streaming websites subscriptions.
This is however the major setback Firestick fans face. Funny enough, these subscriptions are not cheap. But, all hope is not lost. Since you have a Firestick, a walkaround with how to jailbreak firestick and successfully jailbroken your firestick, you can access these streaming media for free.
Once you get your own Firestick you must be prepare to pay for the subscription fee as well. However, if you are ready to jailbreak your Firestick and ready to use 3rd-party apps on the device you will have access to all your favorite movies for free and at no single cost.
How to Jailbreak a Firestick
We won’t waste your time and give you other craps you don’t want to hear about this tip. So, we would go straight to how to jailbreak a firestick.
However, before you go ahead to implement this procedure, you need to prepare your Firestick device to be able to jailbreak it.
Prepare Firestick for Jailbreaking
The process to jailbreak a Firestick is not direct as such. However, you need to tweak some of the Firestick settings to be able to jailbreak it. Otherwise, you’d be limited with what to do.
However, the good side of jailbreaking a firestick is that you do not need a computer to achieve this. Follow the procedures below to prepare your Firestick for a jailbreaking access.
1. Connect your Firestick device to a power source and use your Firestick remote control to select the settings from the Firestick home screen.
2. Now, you will be presented with different options including “my account” option and “My Fire TV”. Kindly click on the “My Fire TV “.
3. On the screen that follows click on the Developer Options
4. Click on the “Apps from Unknown Sources” from under the “Developer Options” and toggle to “Enable or ON” the option.
5. A new window will popup. Click on “ON” to enable this feature on your Firestick.
Once you have successfully enabled “Apps from Unknown Sources” following the procedures above, we can now proceed to what is next to Jailbreak a firestick.
Install ES File Explorer
After you’ve successfully enabled “Apps from Unknown Sources” to allow you install a 3rd-party app on the Firestick device, the next action to take to jailbreak your Firestick is to install ES file explorer.
The ES File Explorer is an app manager that can be used to install 3rd-party apps on Firestick and Android OS. The File Explorer is a free app. For Android users you can download and install it from the Google play store and you can also download the APK app from APK stores.
However, to successfully jailbreak a Firestick you first need to install the ES File Explorer. Secondly, to successfully install streaming apps on your Firestick you need to download and install ES File Explorer.
1. Connect your Firestick to the power source and switch on your Firestick media streaming device.
2. Take your remote control (if it’s still working or better still get another one) and use your remote control to select the search option located at the top-right corner.
3. Search for “ES File Explorer” in the search box and when it appears click on the “ES File Explorer”
4. On the next screen, click on “ES File Explorer” download button to download the apps manager.
5. Now, launch the “ES File Explorer” app installed on your Firestick.
Now, after the above steps, next is to jailbreak your Firestick to be able to install any app of your choice.
Jailbreak a Firestick with ES File Explorer
To successfully jailbreak a firestick you need to download and install Kodi media application. Kodi is a media application to get access to million of movies and other entertainment series for free on a Firestick.
However, following the below procedures, we’d guide you to jailbreak your Firestick using the Kodi media application via the ES File Explorer installed.
1. Open ES File Explorer >> Downloader >> Download Manager
2. Click on “+ New” located to the right of “Recycle bin”
3. Enter the “Kodi media application” download link or copy and paste this Kodi 8.3 download link and click on the download now button.
4. Wait for a couple of minutes for the ES FIle Explorer to download Kodi 18.3 APK (60.28mb in size)
5. Click on “Open File”
6. Click on “Install”
7. Another window will appear, click on “Install” from the pop up.
8. Now, relax for a couple of minute for “Kodi media application” to install on your Firestick
9. Once the Kodi app is installed successfully you will see the confirmation message confirming that the Kodi media application has been successfully installed on your Firestick.
Finally, you have successfully jailbroken your Firestick. You can choose to open Kodi now or later from the popup. When you click on “Open” the Kodi app will be launched on your “Firestick” and if you choose to click on “Later” the Kodi app will close down.
Now that you have learnt how to jailbreak a Firestick, how do you use the Jailbroken Firestick?
How to Jailbreak a Firestick using Downloader
The way to jailbreak a Firestick isn’t limited to using the ES File Explorer app as you can also use other methods. However, here, we’ll take a look another means to jailbreak your Firestick using the Downloader app.
- Go to Settings using your Remote contro
- Click on My Fire TV
- Open the “Developer Options”
- Tap on Apps from Unknown Sources and enable it from the next popup
- Navigate back to the settings page
- Click on Preferences >> Privacy Settings
- Toggle to turn of “Device Usage Data”
- “Turn off “Collect App Usage Data”
- Navigate back to your Firestick home screen
- Hover to the search button and search for “Downloader” with the help of the remote control.
- Tap on the Download button using your remote control
- Wait for a couple of seconds or minutes to download “Downloader”
- Launch the “Downloader app” with your remote control
- Now, search for “Kodi” or type the “Kodi download URL” into the column and click on download.
- Now, click on the “Go” button
- Once the “Kodi 8.3 has been successfully download and installed, click on the “open file” option
- Click on the “Install” icon next to the ES File Explorer
- Now, navigate to the bottom of the interface and click on “Install”
- Now, the “Kodi” app will be successfully installed.
Once the Kodi app has been installed successfully without error then you are good. So, simple with the use of Downloader. As you can see, to jailbreak a Firestick, you can choose either to use ES File Explorer or the Downloader.
As at the time of filing this report, we are currently trying another method to jailbreak a Firestick which we have not really confirmed. Therefore, we have restricted from sharing it with you.
How to use a Jailbroken Firestick
The feelings that you want to jailbreak your Firestick has been settled with this guide now. So, how do you use the device after it has been jailbroken?
To start using your Firestick after jailbroken you need to hide your IP address and make sure you are fully secure. We both know that it’s illegal to stream copyright content without permission.
If you have a VPN to use you do not have a problem using your jailbroken device. However, we would recommend our certified VPN that doesn’t keep logs or reveal your IP address to the law enforcement agent.
1. To start with, you can start with 30 days VPN free trial. The 30 days come with money back guarantee which allows you to easily back off and request for your money if you are not satisfied with the VPN service within 30 days.
2. After you have subscribed to the VPN Service power “ON” your Firestick and go to the “search” column with the help of your Firestick remote control”
3. Type “Express VPN or SmartDNS or NordVPN depending on your VPN into the search box and click on the VPN when the search result appear.
4. Click on the “Download” to install your VPN on your Amazon Firestick
5. Now, log into your VPN account and enter your login credentials (username and password) and click on the sign in button.
6. Once you’ve been able to log into your VPN account choose the country to connect to from the country option and click on the connect icon.
You are now secure and your IP address is now fully secured. To start streaming your desired content on Firestick, install your desired app, connect to your VPN and stream.